Comix From the Outer Depths
Menu
menu

Hey all! Welcome to the updated version of Plastic Souls!

Hopefully this version will be able to handle all my needs for the next few years, but expect a couple minor tweaks, and some further content updates.

Still! Tumblr feed, storenvy, and much easier comic reading are all up!

Love you all, and looking forward to sending out more goodies, starting with THEE OBJECTIVE, and some other goodies:)

Plastic Souls

Comix from the Outer Depths ||| Store

mcgheeeee:

Last #inktober2017 piece. Some #子D Dev work. Child-labor gas mining.

Posted: November 10, 2017, 2:46 am

mcgheeeee:

No time for #Inktober this year, fell behind on #MERCS and need to finish that. Here’s a Hieronaut for ya, tho. Hope to do a few more pieces. We’ll see! #makingcomics

Posted: October 5, 2017, 4:10 pm

mcgheeeee:

Closing in on another Bounty Hunter design. #MERCS #MakingComics #mmmmmike #mikemcghee

Pages are making good progress as well.

Posted: July 9, 2017, 4:06 am

More spaceship sketches from the back of #MERCS issue 1

Posted: March 7, 2017, 7:33 pm

mcgheeeee:

More sketches from the back of #MERCS issue 1 at ECCC Table G8 all day!

Posted: March 7, 2017, 7:33 pm

mcgheeeee:

More spaceships, drawn on lunch and the bus, for back pages of #MERCS issue 1. All of these are at @arcanecomics fyi 🙂

Posted: March 2, 2017, 6:50 am

mmmmmikes:

Here’s a 9-page preview of MERCS, my graphic novel in progress. First issue will be available this coming weekend at ECCC.

Posted: February 24, 2017, 1:57 pm

New sticker coming for ECCC

Posted: February 24, 2017, 1:53 pm

mcgheeeee:

The joys of independent comix: letting shit like this exist in the background, and knowing you can let any mythology built on it grow organically. No editorial dictates. #MERCS #makingcomics #mmmmmike

Posted: January 13, 2017, 6:13 am

mcgheeeee:

Happy New Year All! Just a quickie, but that’s Rooster-Style. Spread Love, not hate, in 2017! #2017 #newyear #yearoftherooster

Posted: January 1, 2017, 7:18 am

mcgheeeee:

Pretty much the only thing I drew last week. Really need to find some outlet in a political sense. #子D #makingcomics

Posted: November 22, 2016, 7:00 pm

mcgheeeee:

Hitting technical craft goals always feels good. #MERCS #spaceships #makingcomics

Posted: November 3, 2016, 1:13 am

mcgheeeee:

Taking a break from pages and finishing up this #子D style study during meals and laundry. This one I’ll color. #Inktober

Posted: October 28, 2016, 5:42 am

More #子D style play for #Inktober ..#makingcomics #mmmmmike #mikemcghee

Posted: October 26, 2016, 3:31 am

Constabulary. #Inktober #子D #mmmmmike #makingcomics

Posted: October 22, 2016, 6:14 pm

6am pre-scripting warmups #makingcomics

Posted: September 24, 2016, 2:06 pm

mcgheeeee:

Just a reminder that I’ll be dropping off everything except the occasional Insta post next week to dive back into this and my health. Been way too much of a salaryman these last 12-16 weeks. Time to re-balance.

PM me if you need my number.

#MERCS #Comix #comixlyfe #mmmmmike #mikemcghee #makingcomics

Posted: September 7, 2016, 5:56 pm

Hey all! I finally updated the website, and since this story’s been out of print for a year or so, thought it might be a good time to add THEE OBJECTIVE, my first story with the Nemesis Enforcer gang, to the site.

All the older stories are there, with a smidge of added content.

I should be posting more frequently soon, and will be adding some more old stories as I finish out some file processing.

Love you all, and looking forward to sending out more goodies, starting with , and some other goodies:)

Posted: August 16, 2016, 12:08 am

mmmmmikes:

mcgheeeee:

Cut my rent check, voted, and got one face “perfect” from today’s panels. Time for the gym! #comixlyfe #MERCS #mikemcghee #mmmmmike #makingcomics

ugh, what do they call it when you feel guilty for feeling good about your work? having bouts of hardcore self-loathing now…

Posted: August 2, 2016, 10:27 am

mmmmmikes:

Now that solicits are out, I might as well post this: pages 1-3 of my 5 page backup featured in Prophet: Earth War #1.

Feeling very honored to be chosen for this issue, and CAN’T WAIT to see what Ron Ackins delivers for the main story.

Many, many moons later it’s in print, moved to #5, abd turned out pretty darn swell :“3 Many thanks again to Brandon and the gang.
Posted: July 27, 2016, 2:10 pm